TONIGHT IS SOLD OUT! There won't be any tickets available on the door - sorry - but our entire January to July season is already on sale over here, with early bird tickets from £6.66. See you in 2020!
An Evening Of Unnecessary Detail
Tuesday 26 November
The November Show
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event where 80% of the words in the title start with a vowel. Of the 16 unique letters in the title, 31.25% of them are used more than once. If you are not enjoying this level of detail, it's unlikely that you will enjoy the show.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event where we ask enthusiasts, scientists, miscellaneous experts* and comedians to talk about whatever they want. By attending this event, you revoke all rights to complain about the level of detail they choose to do so in.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event on the last Tuesday of every month at the Backyard Comedy Club, Bethnal Green. It is hosted by some or all of Festival of the Spoken Nerd: Matt Parker, Steve Mould and Helen Arney. Each of them have 10 letters in their names. Each show will be 10,800 seconds long. Each ticket can be bought via the links on this page.
*actual experts in miscellany
GUESTS FOR THE NOVEMBER SHOW:
- Hosted by geek songstress Helen Arney.
- And experiments maestro Steve Mould.
- Featuring a possible appearance from stand-up mathematician Matt Parker.
With miscellaneous guests as follows:
- Chinese Architecture with Hannah Cameron.
- Rosie Wilby, asking Is Monogamy Dead?
- Jo Stephenson and Dan Woods with a new musical about local newspapers.
- Neuroscience and stand-up from Ash Ranpura.
- Matt Hutchinson on how to be a junior doctor.
- Thom Tuck talks economics and goes Straight To DVD.
- All line-ups subject to change.
This venue is strictly 18+
Concessions prices apply for the following groups:
Students, OAPs, unemployed, librarians, teachers, NHS workers.
Bar open from 5pm, serving food and drinks all night.
Doors open approximately 7pm and seating is unreserved.
2 minutes from Bethnal Green tube station.
Venue is fully accessible - more information here. Please let us know if you have any additional access requirements by emailing [email protected].
Twitter: @FOTSN and hashtag #AEOUD
Facebook event: Here
Tickets no longer available