This show is SOLD OUT! There won't be any tickets available on the door.
An Evening Of Unnecessary Detail
Tuesday 29 October
The October Show
BUT you can book now for our November show on this link, and set your diary reminder for Monday 28th October when the first half of our 2020 season will go on sale over here.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event where 80% of the words in the title start with a vowel. Of the 16 unique letters in the title, 31.25% of them are used more than once. If you are not enjoying this level of detail, it's unlikely that you will enjoy the show.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event where we ask enthusiasts, scientists, miscellaneous experts* and comedians to talk about whatever they want. By attending this event, you revoke all rights to complain about the level of detail they choose to do so in.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event on the last Tuesday of every month at the Backyard Comedy Club, Bethnal Green. It is hosted by some or all of Festival of the Spoken Nerd: Matt Parker, Steve Mould and Helen Arney. Each of them have 10 letters in their names. Each show will be 10,800 seconds long. Each ticket can be bought via the links on this page.
*actual experts in miscellany
GUESTS FOR THE OCTOBER SHOW:
- Hosted by stand-up mathematician Matt Parker [@standupmaths]
- With geek songstress Helen Arney [@helenarney]
- And experiments maestro Steve Mould [@moulds]
Plus guest spots from:
- Rohan Long, talking early-Cretaceous Australian fossils.
- Rachel Wheeley, with all you need to know about the Pips.
- Jenan Younis, on stamp collecting or King Ashurbanipal II.
- Juliette Burton, putting people in boxes (or not).
- Sarah Jones, bringing the microscopic organisms.
- Andrew Steele, with some astounding Moon Stats.
- Rohin Francis, aka Medlife Crisis, wondering why is our heart on the left?
- All line-ups subject to change.
Due to licensing restrictions, this venue is strictly 18+
Concessions prices apply for the following groups:
Students, OAPs, unemployed, librarians, teachers, NHS workers.
Bar open from 5pm, serving food and drinks all night.
Doors open approximately 7pm and seating is unreserved.
2 minutes from Bethnal Green tube station.
Venue is fully accessible - more information here. Please let us know if you have any additional access requirements by emailing [email protected].
Twitter: @FOTSN and hashtag #AEOUD
Facebook event: Here
Tickets no longer available