SOLD OUT! Tickets are no longer available online. Come along next month instead! Get tickets at our website before it sells out...
An Evening Of Unnecessary Detail
Tuesday 24 September
The September Show
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event where 80% of the words in the title start with a vowel. Of the 16 unique letters in the title, 31.25% of them are used more than once. If you are not enjoying this level of detail, it's unlikely that you will enjoy the show.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event where we ask enthusiasts, scientists, miscellaneous experts* and comedians to talk about whatever they want. By attending this event, you revoke all rights to complain about the level of detail they choose to do so in.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event on the last Tuesday of every month at the Backyard Comedy Club, Bethnal Green. It is hosted by some or all of Festival of the Spoken Nerd: Matt Parker, Steve Mould and Helen Arney. Each of them have 10 letters in their names. Each show will be 10,800 seconds long. Each ticket can be bought via the links on this page.
*actual experts in miscellany
SORRY - SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT Like efficiency? And saving money? You can now buy a single "season ticket" for all three shows this Autumn. Only 50 are available, and tickets are transferable if you can't make it (but we'd rather see you there...). If you have any access requirements, email us on the address below when you book your ticket.
GUESTS FOR THE SEPTEMBER SHOW:
- Hosted by geek songstress Helen Arney [@helenarney]
- And experiments maestro Steve Mould [@moulds]
- Plus badass honey badgers with Hana Ayoob [@hanaayoob]
- Climate change comedy from Matt Winning [@mattywin85]
- When good science goes bad with Ozy Ismail [@ozy_ismail]
- A joke about every US president from Ted Hill [@TheTedHill]
- Probably the world's most pedantic pub quiz with Tom Scott [@tomscott] and professional quiz designer David Bodycombe [@DavidJBodycombe]
- Light Painting Photo Booth from LED art gurus Feeding The Fish [@Pixelpoi]
- Arrive from 5.30pm to get extra playtime in the Photo Booth before the show starts!
- All line-ups subject to change.
Due to licensing restrictions, this venue is strictly 18+
Concessions prices apply for the following groups:
Students, OAPs, unemployed, librarians, teachers, NHS workers.
Bar open from 5pm, serving food and drinks all night.
Doors open approximately 7pm and seating is unreserved.
2 minutes from Bethnal Green tube station.
Venue is fully accessible - more information here. Please let us know if you have any additional access requirements by emailing [email protected].
Please email us if you would like to buy season ticket for one of our wheelchair spaces - the ticketing system can't handle it but we will happily sort that out for you if you let us know!
Twitter: @FOTSN and hashtag #AEOUD
Facebook event: Here
Tickets no longer available