ONLINE SALES HAVE FINISHED! You can still buy tickets on the door for £12 / £10 concessions. Or get ahead of the game and book for our Autumn season from September, or Matt Parker's solo show here on 16th July - tickets are all here.
An Evening Of Unnecessary Detail
Tuesday 25 June
The June Show
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event where 80% of the words in the title start with a vowel. Of the 16 unique letters in the title, 31.25% of them are used more than once. If you are not enjoying this level of detail, it's unlikely that you will enjoy the show.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event where we ask enthusiasts, scientists, miscellaneous experts* and comedians to talk about whatever they want. By attending this event, you revoke all rights to complain about the level of detail they choose to do so in.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event on the last Tuesday of every month at the Backyard Comedy Club, Bethnal Green. It is hosted by some or all of Festival of the Spoken Nerd: Matt Parker, Steve Mould and Helen Arney. Each of them have 10 letters in their names. Each show will be 10,800 seconds long. Each ticket can be bought via the links on this page.
*actual experts in miscellany
GUESTS FOR THE JUNE SHOW:
- Hosted by geek songstress Helen Arney [@helenarney]
- And experiments maestro Steve Mould [@moulds]
- Stand-up maths is provided this month by Katie Steckles [@stecks]
- With more maths from a possibly standing, possibly seated, James Grime [@jamesgrime]
- "10 reasons you should have heard of Florence Price by now" with Elizabeth de Brito [@daffodilmusic]
- Plus the most fun you can have with two pointy sticks, some physics and Charvy Narain [@charvynarain]
- With a headline set from IT-consultants-turned-comedians, the inimitable Foxdog Studios [@foxdogstudios] with a preview of their new show "Tomorrow's Office". Expect bongo boot stomping and an upgraded sausage cannon.
- All line-ups subject to change.
Due to licensing restrictions, this venue is strictly 18+
Concessions prices apply for the following groups:
Students, OAPs, unemployed, librarians, teachers, NHS workers.
Bar open from 5pm, serving food and drinks all night.
Doors open approximately 7.15pm and seating is unreserved.
2 minutes from Bethnal Green tube station.
Venue is fully accessible - more information here. Please let us know if you have any additional access requirements by emailing [email protected].
Twitter: @FOTSN and hashtag #AEOUD
Facebook event: Here
Tickets no longer available