An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event where 80% of the words in the title start with a vowel. Of the 16 unique letters in the title, 31.25% of them are used more than once. If you are not enjoying this level of detail, it's unlikely that you will enjoy the show.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event where we ask enthusiasts, scientists, miscellaneous experts* and comedians to talk about whatever they want. By attending this event, you revoke all rights to complain about the level of detail they choose to do so in.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event on the last Tuesday of every month at the Backyard Comedy Club, Bethnal Green. It is hosted by some or all of Festival of the Spoken Nerd: Matt Parker, Steve Mould and Helen Arney. Each of them have 10 letters in their names. Each show will be 10,800 seconds long. Each ticket can be bought via the links on this page.
*actual experts in miscellany
SEPTEMBER SHOW GUESTS: FIRST!!! - Hosted by Matt Parker [@standupmaths] - With Helen Arney [@helenarney] - And Steve Mould [@moulds]
- Back from their tour of All The Stations, Geoff Marshall and Vicki Pipe [@allthestations]
- Doing something about the internet, Tom Scott [@tomscott]
- Making Twisties Great Again, it's Bec Hill [@bechillcomedian]
- A curated collection from Miranda Lowe [@NatHistGirl]
- Talking about your happy brain, Dean Burnett [@garwboy]
- Comedy with added detail from Ken Cheng [@kenchengcomedy]
- More miscellaneous guests to be confirmed
- All line-ups subject to change.
Due to licensing restrictions, this venue is strictly 18+
Concessions prices apply for the following groups: Students, OAP, Unemployed, Disabled, Librarians, Teachers, NHS.
Bar open from 5pm, serving food and drinks all night.
Doors open approximately 7.15pm and seating is unreserved.
2 minutes from Bethnal Green tube station.
Venue is fully accessible - more information here. Please let us know if you have any additional access requirements by emailing [email protected].