An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event where 80% of the words in the title start with a vowel. Of the 16 unique letters in the title, 31.25% of them are used more than once. If you are not enjoying this level of detail, it's unlikely that you will enjoy the show.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event where we ask enthusiasts, scientists, miscellaneous experts* and comedians to talk about whatever they want. By attending this event, you revoke all rights to complain about the level of detail they choose to do so in.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event on the last Tuesday of every month at the Backyard Comedy Club, Bethnal Green. It is hosted by some or all of Festival of the Spoken Nerd: Matt Parker, Steve Mould and Helen Arney. Each of them have 10 letters in their names. Each show will be 10,800 seconds long. Each ticket can be bought via the links on this page.
*actual experts in miscellany
GUESTS FOR THE MAY SHOW: - Hosted by MATT PARKER [@standupmaths] - With HELEN ARNEY [@helenarney] - And STEVE MOULD [@moulds]
- Plus details details details from:
- Comedian and sketch writer GEMMA ARROWSMITH [@mmaarrow]
- Radio 4 Futureproofing's TIMANDRA HARKNESS [@timandraharknes]
- Maths educator SUSAN OKEREKE [@DoTheMathsThing]
- Welsh-Egyptian comedian and philosophy fan OMAR HAMDI [@Omar_Hamdi_Com]
- Visiting from Los Angeles, maths professor ALISSA CRANS [#TooCoolForTwitter]
- Comedy plus existential angst from SIMON WATT [@simondwatt]
- Archive hunter and retro homeboy JON HARVEY [@jondharvey]
- Line-ups are subject to change, as always
Due to licensing restrictions, this venue is strictly 18+
Concessions prices apply for the following groups: Students, OAPs, unemployed, librarians, teachers, NHS workers.
Bar open from 5pm, serving food and drinks all night.
Doors open approximately 7.15pm and seating is unreserved.
2 minutes from Bethnal Green tube station.
Venue is fully accessible - more information here. Please let us know if you have any additional access requirements by emailing [email protected].