THIS SHOW IS SOLD OUT! For more like it, visit fotsn.com/tickets
An Evening Of Unnecessary Detail
Tuesday 30 January
The January Show
The new season of An Evening Of Unnecessary Detail returns to the Backyard Comedy Club!
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event where 80% of the words in the title start with a vowel. Of the 16 unique letters in the title, 31.25% of them are used more than once. If you are not enjoying this level of detail, it's unlikely that you will enjoy the show.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event where we ask enthusiasts, scientists, miscellaneous experts* and comedians to talk about whatever they want. By attending this event, you revoke all rights to complain about the level of detail they choose to do so in.
An Evening of Unnecessary Detail is, in short, an event on the last Tuesday of every month at the Backyard Comedy Club, Bethnal Green. It is hosted by some or all of Festival of the Spoken Nerd: Matt Parker, Steve Mould and Helen Arney. Each of them have 10 letters in their names. Each show will be 10,800 seconds long. Each ticket can be bought via the links on this page.
*actual experts in miscellany
CONFIRMED GUESTS FOR JANUARY SHOW
- Hosted by Matt Parker [@standupmaths]
- With Helen Arney [@helenarney] and Steve Mould [@moulds]
- FEATURING: a preview of new material for our second series of "Domestic Science" on BBC Radio 4. Hear it here first!
- PLUS: Simon Singh with backstage tales of science documentary making [@SLSingh]
- AND: Our favourite mathematics speaker (don't tell Matt...) Katie Steckles [@stecks]
- AND: The red t-shirted internet legend that is Tom Scott [@tomscott]
- All line-ups subject to change.
- Parts of this show will be filmed.
Due to licensing restrictions, this venue is strictly 18+
Concessions prices apply for the following groups:
Students, OAP, Unemployed, Librarians, Teachers.
Twitter: @AEOUD and hashtag #AEOUD
Facebook event: Here
Bar open from 5pm, serving food and drinks all night.
2 minutes from Bethnal Green tube station.
Tickets no longer available